~Writing Assignment~

– 1 0 – T H I N G S – T H A T – I N S P I R E – M E –

10 thing that inspire me are 

1. Go to the movie 
  1. Look at popular photoblogs and get inspired 
  1. Listen to your favorite music 
  1. Shoot a gorgeous model 
  1. Shoot you family 
  1. Shoot your favorite food 
  1. Shoot in the dark 
  1. Shoot a family event 
  1. Tell a story in 5 pictures 
  1. Take a self portrait 

-B r o a d – M u s e u m – C o l l e c t i o n – I m a g e – C r i t i q u e –

Cecily Brown - Black Painting I, 2002, oil on linen

© Cecily Brown
Robert McKeeve
When looking at different artwork this one caught my eye, it’s interesting to see such emotion in something so simple. I keep on scanning the painting and I see different shades of white and if you look closely, you can see the thin white lay over the black. What I see is a person who seems sad or someone who’s laying down/sleeping and above is maybe their guardian angles watching over them. It’s amazing how you must piece together you own opinion or thought on the artwork, as well as seeing how our own emotions can affect our thought process. 

– 8 – I N T E R N E T – T R E N D S –

Reels & TikTok 

• Reels and TikTok’s can be used to show off one’s brand as well as what products or services that are provided. This can help by grabbing someone attention for a short amount of time and them gaining interest from one reel/ tiktiok. 

YouTube 

• YouTube can be a great way to show off one’s products, it gives a change for someone to review as well as show off what you have. This can have a huge impact on your brand if people become more interested in it. 

Snapchats 

• Snapchats can show off to friends and family what you have to offer, and this can continue a cycle to see who has what and why they have it. 

Live Events & Podcast 

• You can really relate to a person, and this can leave an impression onto many people and cause a train reaction.  

E-commerance 

• E- commerance can be a quick access to products and sites to say on tract and not straying off social media sites. This is easy for people to look and browse your site and not make things complicated for them. 

Webinars & educational post 

• This can help expose you site and bring people in to see what you have to offer; all you need to do is make sure your post is eye-catching. 

Facebook ads & Instagram 

• Facebook ads and Instagram are connected but since most people use Instagram are the younger generations it is easy to post something that will connect to them. The same goes for Facebook ad and its interesting see how many people will like or scroll on one’s ad.  

Behind the scenes 

• It will give the people an insight of what you do and how you do it; some people are interested in seeing what progress you have made. 

– J O B – H U N T I N G –

The job that I would be applying to wants to create social media platform as well as a blog that will circle around women and their achievements to create a safe and equal place for women. When searching for photography jobs that would peck my interests this one caught my eye. I loved how they wanted to help publish their work and to ensure women that their are people who are tying to make the world seem less scary.  The qualification of this job seem out of my league but I hope one day I’m able to help publish the work that their doing and show people how proud and hard working they are.

– 2 – A R T I C L E – C A N O N – L E N S – E X P E R I E N C E-

When reading about John Tlumacki and he works in the field of photojournalism is just amazing, to learn more about what he experiences. I was just getting started on the reading and Tlumacki brought up the Bostin bombing and how he talked to the department head that was running the investigation. Tlumacki didn’t go into much detail about but he did say “hearing what they had to say brings an amazing element.” As I’m reading more about photojournalism it catches my attention more and Tlumacki risked his life to capture the photo to show the world what was happening, to give the people a visual of what other countries are going through. 

As much as I love music, I’m interested in concert photography and to be able to be up close and capture that unique atmosphere the artist created its fascinating. Mike Lener is a concert photographer and reading about his purpose for concert photography is interesting and attention grabbing. Lener stated that the most photos that he took of an artist is Justin Bieber and that interesting because his pattern is moving to another big hit artist. Lener states that most of the time his on the road traveling with the artist he’s photographing, and he says that be basically captures the on and off life of the artist. Concert photography has its ups and down it just seems like something I don’t see myself doing even if it’s a life changing experience. 

– 1 0 0 – M O S T – I N F L U E N C E D – P H O T O – P A R A G R A H P S –

Invasion of Prague

At first glance I notice that this image shows the watch on the persons wrist; this is very eye-catching because it makes you wonder is the person waiting for something to happen, in general it makes you curious. What drew me in more was the thought of time period this photo was taken, if you think about it its black and white; did they make it like this or did they use a camera from the time period. If so, what type of camera is it, and how many photos did they take; I wonder what their thought process was. These are all the questions running through my mind as I stare into this photo; the more I stare the more I want to learn about where this photo was taken and why is there no other people besides them. The photograph is very balances when looking closely you can see in the background that it shows a type of building. 

The building is also in lines with the watch on their persons wrist and this causes me to think that maybe the building is a government building of some sorts, like a capital building. If it’s a capital building than the surrounding area must be the city; since it’s a city where are the people, this could mean an attack of some sort. The image overall has great compositions and highlight, I love how they angles the camera to make it led to the capital building. It seems like they had to sneak in to get to where they are at, the angle of the image looks like they are in a building facing the capital. When I went to look back on the image, it looks like there are a few people on the sidewalk waiting for something to happen. It’s weird to think that out of the whole city there are only a few people outside on the sidewalk; shouldn’t the streets be crowded instead it looks like it’s kind of abandon. 

-S A N D Y – S K O G L U N D –

Sandy Skoglund's striking conceptual photography - color everywhere!

Sandy skoglund has an amazing mind an I find her artwork to be something out of the box and its very eye catching in its own original way. Its interesting to see how she used fishes and the blue color to make it seem that its underwater and it seems that the person is in their deep in thought. I wonder if the goldfishes are their thoughts and that they are feeling overwhelmed and unable to comprehend what’s going on in their mind. It looks as if the person it waking up maybe in the middle of the night and just thinking about the situation their in. In general it’s very eye catching and to me I think it has a deeper meaning and its different for everyone depending on how they can intemperate it.

– W A S S I L Y – K A N D I N S K Y – W R I T I N G –

Across and Up - Wassily Kandinsky Painting by MatiFreitas123

When looking at one of Wassily Kandinsky’s work I was really drawn into this one in particularly; especially since all of the art work is very eye catching. What brought me into basing my work off this piece was that the different shapes and angle, it brought me to believe that it looked like a flouting building in the sky. What I love in particular it that the shapes are transparent and your able to see the supporting lines which makes out the supports for the building. Also the smaller structure above make it looks like an other building or a plane; the way Kandinsky used different shapes and lines to create something that you never thought what would become a bigger picture than it is; its just amazing. The colors used to capture ones attention, I wonder how he decided to use such colors and I wish to know the thought process and what was going thought Kandinsky’s mind.

-B & H- Writing- Assignment

Cannon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR Camera: $4,499.00 

• Since I already have a camera, I thought it would be best if I gained a second camera; in case something happens to the first one. 

3-legged tripod: (2) $ 239.98 

• I decided to get two tripods because what if something happens to the first tripod, the second tripod is a back-up, or it could be used to help get a different angle. 

256 GB SD card: (2) $125.98 

• I think I best to have two or more SD cards; one SD card can become full and the other is also a backup. 

Memory car reader (6 slot): $6.90 

• I have a memory card reader but if I lose or break it at least I’ll have this one. 

6 slot memory card case: $19.95 

• It thinks it’s best to have a case for the SD card; without a case the cards can be damage and if their damaged than its hard to get the photos. 

1 TB backup device: $ 1,064.00 

• Its best to have backed up your photos in case a client want’s a photo that they asked you to delete. 

Canon Lp-E6N Lithium- Ion Battery Pack: (2) $ 134.00 

• The batters on your camera may run out so again the second one it a backup in case the photoshoot takes a while. 

Charger of LC- E6 charger for LP-E6: $53.99 

• I don’t think the battery pack comes with a charger so I’m getting the charger to make sure the batteries are charged. 

5-in-1 reflector with light stands and holder kit: $144.50 

• I want to do studio photography such as portraits and fashion photography so, it thought it would be best to have a reflector too adjust the lighting placement. 

Godox MS 300-D #-Monolight kit: $549.00 

• I can’t do studio photography without any lighting. This type of lighting stands would be easy to use to I can move the lighting around. 

Pelican 1510 TP carry-on with divider system: $260.95 

• The carry-on case is to move and pack all my things without worrying about the equipment getting damaged. 

Adobe Creative Cloud: $119.88 

• The adobe creative cloud will help me edit my photo and transfer my photos. 

HP 23.8 24-dfo L70 Multi-touch all-in-on desktop computer: $868.99 

• Ive decided to get a desktop instead of a laptop; I just think it’s better to do my work on a desktop than a laptop. 

Canon portrait & travel 2 lens kit with 50mm f/1.8 and 10/18mm f/4.5-5.6 lenses: $369.00 

• I thought this would be best because to get two lenes instead of one, plus I will be doing portrait, studio, landscape, and freelance photography. 

Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 L: $899.00 

• Best to have multiple lenses with different ranges and f stops. 

Cannon EF 70-200mm f/4 L: $599.00 

• Since I’m into different types of photography I decided to pick out different lenses. 

3 backdrops kit (5×7): $170.90 

• If I’m in the studio than I need a backdrop to take photos of my subject. 

I would be over the total of 10,000.00 but I think all of the equipment listed would be worth it. My total was 10,112.93, which isn’t that bad.

-C R I T I Q U E – O F – S I L V E R –

No42editsmall.jpg
Clair A. Warden – Mimesis

When looking at different photos of peoples profile, I came across Clair A. Warden. I found her art work to be interesting, and I love how she incorporated black and white onto her homepage. Warden does have different pages corresponding to her work, so depending on the title her art work will be under that title. Her work is very eye catching and it’s all in two colors which are black and while, sometimes her work will be in the varication of the two colors. Claire Warden is an amazing young artist and I’m interested to see what she’ll create next.

Joshua Rashaad Mcfadden

Joshua Rashaad Mcfadden is an artist who’s out their and helps his community, he show the truth about different subject. Mcfadden has photos and gallery’s of himself, others, and words that say’s a lot. The photo that caught my eye was the photo show above and I found it interesting because that means he was there that he was participating. I believe Joshua Mcfadden is someone who cares about other and he shows that in his work. Mcfadden shows the struggle he held to face growing up, he show other people struggle’s and that’s something that makes him stand out.

– R E A D – & – W R I T E –

When staring off my journey to photography I just used my phone and learned from experimenting with what the setting and controls my phone has to offer. I used my Instagram to express myself and create different outlook on how I see things, even though I hate some of them I still love that I tried and from the I learned. Whenever I look back on how I got started I see my family and I see myself wanted to save the moments, their smile and the gestures; I loved every second of it. I begged my parents for a camera for my birthday every year and I finally got a camera after 7 years and I knew from that moment on I want to take pictures of the moment s people will love. I want to take photography seriously so I’m learning to us my passion and knowledge to expand my mind on different photography categories. I soon fell in love with landscape, portrait, studio, and advertising photography; from their ill learn more about what I love to capture the best moment for other; so, I myself can see people smile. 

The reason why photography is so important to me, is because it save memories and it creates moments that we can look back on a laugh. When I learned that Jurupa had a photography class, I was so excited to sign up and learn more about what photography is and how it’s used in different ways. I picked up photography when using my phone and learning more about it thought different photographers’ site on Instagram. To see how amazing the edits and how they created something so eye catching; that was the moment I fell in love with photography. I still have a lot to learn, and I want to experience all the downfall and upbringings photography has to offer and I’m willing to risk it all to learn and explore my option.